Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fascinating Blythe



I think I have finally kicked some of my creative slump. Here are some fascinator hats I did up for Blythe. I think she looks fantastic. These hats will fit other dolls, but if you are a Blythe fan, there is no other doll that is quite as fun, funny or fashionable as the big headed, big eyed queen.



I think Blythe is pretty much my doll focus these days. I really can't resist, to be honest. Somehow I have acquired 7 Blythes. All but 1 is customized to some degree by me. My 1 stock doll (though she may not stay that way long) is a Guava given to me by my friend, Jeany, in Canada. What a cool gift! I was so stoked to receive it, I can't tell you. I am just finishing up a mohair root for Jeany this week. I figure it's the least I could do.



I have a couple of Blythe projects on the table that I am thinking about. My good friend, Amy Taylor, jeweler extraordinaire, is collaborating with me on what I hope might be a series of OOAK Blythe customs. I think we'll concentrate on 1 first and see how we do. There is no one who can do jools like Amy, so I think whatever we come up with is bound to be quite smashing. Between the 2 of us, we ought to be able to do everything ourselves outside of manufacturing the actual doll.



I hope you doll people are having a lovely fall. It is bordering on winter here in Vermont, and we have already had one day of snow! I can hardly feel ready for that, but it's the way it is here. Gives me an excuse to stay inside and play with dolls, I suppose. Hope you all are enjoying playing with dolls and finding fun ways to express yourselves. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of creative people out there. I am sure you are one of them. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Again, the benefit of ceramic is both permanence of replica watches sale the color (it wont fade) as well as the durable scratch-resistance properties of the hard material (meaning that it will age very well). Aside from the replica watches sale new blue and red bezel there isn't anything new about this version of the GMT-Master II watch. It retains the 40mm wide case size and in-house made Rolex caliber 3186 automatic COSC Chronometer certified movement. This is of course a very popular design, is on par with the Submariner among Rolex's most desired rolex replica uk sport watches. I haven't broached perhaps the most controversial element on the GMT-Master II ref. 116719 BLRO watch and rolex replica uk that is the case material. If you are asking yourself how someone can make a decision between the red and blue or blue and black bezel version of the GMT-Master II, the answer is going to be the price. While the ref. 116710 BLNR comes in replica watches sale steel, this 2014 116719 BLRO is offered only in 18k white gold.

    ReplyDelete