Sunday, November 16, 2014

Who's A Pretty Princess?


I am trying something new this month.  I made this OOAK princess dress a week ago.  It is a little more special.  I don't want to put it in my etsy store, because honestly, I don't know how to price it.  It's got a really nice bodice, with some silver-tone beads down the front, and layering, and well, I really like it. 


I am working on a doll at the moment to go to a show I was invited to participate in in Melbourne, Australia.  The coolest gallery I have ever seen contacted me to participate.   If you haven't been to the website of Auguste Clown, do check it out.  The artists they represent are amazing.  I can't even express how honored I am that, one, they even know who I am, and two, they asked me to participate in a future show.


For that doll, I have a theme and story going, and it relates to queens and princesses and things, which is something I am partial to. Thinking about princesses has led me to think about princess dresses.  The one for the gallery doll is different from the one seen here, and I will be showing sneak peeks here eventually, but that is my inspiration for thinking about princess dresses in the first place.


Which leads me to this dress here.  I found some really fun unicorn print fabric at the quilt store a few weeks back and wasn't sure what I would do with it. "Princess dress" was screaming out in my head, and so, I worked on a suitable bodice for a few days.  This is what I ended up with, and the skirting and overskirting and sleeves and all of that came together, and voila' this fun dress.  I've got is listed on Ebay for 5 days, and so far, at least a few people want it, so I feel like I am on the right track.  There may be other princess dresses in the future, but this OOAK number with the unicorns, well, like unicorns, you won't see it again after it's gone.  Hope you are having a lovely creative week!


1 comment:


  1. Experts help educate and inform collectors of what the rarest rolex replica sale and more important timepieces to collect are. At the time of writing Robert Maron has not yet responded to the complaint, which was filed in his local jurisdiction. In the action against defendant Maron, plaintiff Mayer makes a plea for damages in the amount of $656,000 plus rolex replica uk punitive and compensatory damages through the five causes of action. We will continue to monitor the law rolex replica suit as it progresses. What is the take away message? Well, first of all, the vintage and replica watches auction market is quite murky and it should be proceeded with extreme caution, especially at the very high-end. For this reason we at aBlogtoWatch are very judicious in our coverage of auctions and related "available" vintage pieces because all too replica watches sale often there is funny business. Also, even the most esteemed and respected celebrity watch lovers rely on expert advice.

    ReplyDelete