Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pastel Perfect


I have been having too much fun playing with all the colors lately.  I have a box that sits on my work desk (my work desk is 2 very long tables abutted end to end, in which every single square inch is piled high with stuff!) that is full of little dresses I have made for my Blythe girls.  When I have a free moment, I see what fabrics I have available, and if I don't see the color I want, I dye some silk (usually velvet), in a color that inspires me for the day, and then I set about making a little dress for one of the girls.  In the past I thought I might try selling them, but when it comes down to it, I don't seem to be able to part with them!  This past week, I made 2 dresses.  One for Little Jeany, which is a lilac velvet, and one for Rootie, which is lavender.  I guess I was feeling inspired by shades of pale purple this week.


Both girls are Blythes that I customized recently, and I am really happy with how they came out.  They both have their own personality, which is really fun, considering these dolls all start out more or less the same, and then emerge as something unique.  Blythes are a blast to photograph and I am having the time of my life.

Besides loving the fun colors, I also love changing them up and washing out all but the most vibrant, to come up with a photograph that is a tiny bit aged, but still of the modern age :)



Today I am working with the color green.  I have another OOAK Blythe I am working on with my friend Amy Taylor.  I hope to have photographs to show you some time next week.  I hope everyone is enjoying the last days of the year and hope you have very color full holidays! - Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment